Nordic Minesteel Technologies Inc (NMT), has been awarded Workplace Safety North’s (WSN) 2018 President’s Award for Northern Ontario Business for the second consecutive year.
The WSN President’s Award for Northern Ontario Business was awarded after a successful safety audit. Information gathering during the audit consisted of a review of NMT’s health and safety program relative to the nine categories contained in the Awards Program.
1) Management responsibility and Commitment
2) Joint Health and Safety Committee
3) Training Programs
4) Workplace inspections
5) Safe Work Practices and Standard operating procedures
6) Injury / Incident Investigation
7) Emergency Response plan
8) Health & Safety initiatives
9) WSIB Injury Rates (Confirmed by WSN)
The ultimate goal of the safety assessment is to improve safety performance.